Stay in Ely this summer!
Every summer, many young students come to Dublin to improve their English. Ely University Centre is an ideal place to stay, as it is very conveniently located near most English language academies in the city centre. Moreover, Ely combines a serious study atmosphere with a relaxed friendly environment.
Weekly summer residence fees for students amount to €250 per week (professionals pay €320 per week). In order to secure a place, prospective residents must pay a €300 deposit, which will be refunded on their departure provided that:
- all due fees have been paid;
- the date of departure is not before the end of the place reservation.
Summer students must pay 4 weeks (or the duration of their stay) in advance.
Who may apply
Ely welcomes students from all social, ethnic and religious backgrounds. Here are our basic requirements:
- Ely offers accommodation to men students only. We have a sister residence for women in Clonskeagh, Dublin (Glenard).
- University students between the ages of 18 and 28 years of age may be offered residence in Ely.
What do the fees include?
- Meals: the fee is a full board, seven-day fee which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. Most special medical, vegetarian and religious diets can be catered for.
- Rooms: centrally-heated, single rooms.
- Bed linen and towels: provided and changed once a week by the house.
- Cleaning: bedrooms and common areas are cleaned every weekday.
- Personal laundry: the house offers a weekly laundry service.
Form of Payment
- All payments must be made either by a Euro cheque (from an Irish bank), a bank draft or a bank transfer.
- In the case of a bank transfer, the resident must ensure that his surname appears on the bank narrative.
- Fill out and return an application form (either online [preferred option] or by downloading the PDF below).
- Students will be notified of the result of their application within 7 days of their application.
Ely offers sought-after quality accommodation as well as many other benefits. Potential residents are encouraged to apply early.
Summer term dates
Please note that the summer term in Ely begins on 1 June and ends on 31 August each year.
Choosing a language school
There are many English language schools in Dublin, and choosing the right one can be a daunting task. A very helpful website is www.languagebookings.com (available in English, German, French, Italian and Spanish), where you can compare schools by price, location, course types etc.
Application form[Please use online application form above if possible]
In order to download this file, you will need Adobe Reader (get Adobe Reader here).
This application form is a PDF form. You can fill in this form on your computer. However, the only way to save it is by printing it as a PDF (download CutePDF Printer here). You may either (a) email us the new PDF with your details or (b) print it out and post it to us.
If you are submitting the form by email, please make sure to attach a passport photo separately.